Sunday 10 March 2013

My First Corset Cake!

So I also dabble with making cakes and Cake decoration. I had an order for a birthday cake and was given free rein with the design as I knew the person. I came up with a Corset cake and thought it would be perfect for her. 






I got to be honest I didn't have a clue where to start, but I do enjoy a challenge with each cake that I do.

So I looked up on Google for "Corset Cake" for some inspiration but the majority were all flat cakes, BORING... And I didn't want that...." 

I continued my search and came upon www.emsenlane.blogspot.co.uk She made " The Siri 3D Corset Cake" Her tutorial was great and gave me a starting point for my cake! 




The cake was Vanilla sponge with Vanilla butter cream, I constructed my cake differently and crumb coated using butter cream and then covered with icing fondant. I wasn't as adventurous as her to do the shoulders and neck...

But I think for my first try I think I did alright! The Client was ecstatic!!







No comments:

Post a Comment